Currently priced at $185 on Amazon, the A10 Upright Bike is another affordable yet quality indoor cycle machine offered by the well-known brand, Schwinn.
It comes with a console that doubles as a reading rack, and displays time, distance, pulse, speed, and calories burned.
Most of the reviews for this product have been stellar, and it currently stands with an overall user rating of 4 out of 5 stars on the Amazon website.
The Schwinn A10 Upright Bike weighs 54.7 pounds and can hold a maximum user weight of 275 pounds.
This battery-powered bike measures 27.5 by 16.5 by 47.5 in length, width, and height.
As for warranty, Schwinn offers 2 years for the frame, 30 days for wear parts, and 6 months for electronics and other parts.
1. The Schwinn A10 Upright Bike has a virtually noiseless operation, which is important if you intend to use it in the bedroom or living room while you watch TV.
2. Most users report the frame and the pedals to be sturdy and stable, and the straps are effective in keeping the feet in place.
3. The seat on the Schwinn A10 Upright bike is easily adjustable, which comes in real handy if you won’t be the only one using the bike.
4. A lot of user reviews show that the 8 resistance levels are effective in maintaining the intensity of the workout, and switching between different levels are fluid.
1. A lot of users complained about receiving the package with the cable reversed, so they weren’t able to use the bike.
2. The machine runs on batteries, and you have to pay an extra $15 if you want an AC adapter.
3. Several user reviews showed the same problems with the console, saying they kept getting an E2 error message which makes it useless.
At least 2 users said that even the console replacement Schwinn sent wasn’t working, and still showed the same error message.
4. The seat on the Schwinn A10 Upright Bike is not that comfortable, and some users complained of feeling soreness on their bottom even just after 20 minutes of using it.
5. A lot of users complained about inefficient customer service.
The Schwinn A10 Upright Bike comes with a lot of useful features that you normally get with indoor bikes within its price range.
There are only few complaints about the seat, and in any case discomfort is easily remedied by buying a separate gel pad.
Most users agree that transporting the Schwinn A10 Upright Bike is a breeze, though the same thing can’t be said when it comes to assembly.
If you’re looking to get an indoor bike that comes with handy features such as a heart rate monitor, water bottle holder, fan, adjustable handlebars, easily adjustable seat, workout programs and effective resistance levels, the Schwinn A10 Upright Bike should be on your list of products to consider.
However, you should also be prepared to encounter possibly defective consoles, as a lot of users experienced.
Also, make sure to take note of the warranty offered by Schwinn, as it seems their customer service is quite slow.